SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Formerly known as RockNRollPig Shpigford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i need a simple way for my client to update a news section through the internet

okay...i don't really need a full fledged CMS...what i really need is to provide a site on the internet with basically just an empty text box that he can type in the news he wants...and then he would hit submit and it would insert it correctly into the news section...here is the test site:

http://216.218.205.12/~clubcraz/v2/main.php

i need the news to be more or less be like that...i don't want some complicated CMS for such a small project...any suggestions? the news right now is insterted into the section via a php include...okay..i think thats all...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockNRollPig
    okay...i don't really need a full fledged CMS...what i really need is to provide a site on the internet with basically just an empty text box that he can type in the news he wants...and then he would hit submit and it would insert it correctly into the news section...here is the test site:

http://216.218.205.12/~clubcraz/v2/main.php

i need the news to be more or less be like that...i don't want some complicated CMS for such a small project...any suggestions? the news right now is insterted into the section via a php include...okay..i think thats all...
    If you don't mind using CGI for this, you can use Coranto (http://coranto.gweilo.org/). It works nicely and isn't too complicated.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to use NewsPro, which is what Corantro was before it became Corantro. It was nice, but it lacked ease of installation, the ability to edit the date and time of a post, and other things. It was aslo a pain to change hosts, and still keep the old posts in the archives.

I found a great replacement, that takes care of all of the problems I had with Newspro. It's called b2, and I have since installed it on 3 sites. I love it, and it's still being developed. It's been a little on the slow side lately, but the program is stable, and there will be future versions I am told.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Clinard
    I used to use NewsPro, which is what Corantro was before it became Corantro. It was nice, but it lacked ease of installation, the ability to edit the date and time of a post, and other things. It was aslo a pain to change hosts, and still keep the old posts in the archives.

I found a great replacement, that takes care of all of the problems I had with Newspro. It's called b2, and I have since installed it on 3 sites. I love it, and it's still being developed. It's been a little on the slow side lately, but the program is stable, and there will be future versions I am told.
    Coranto has improved a lot on NewsPro, and many things that you didn't like/wern't there are now...