SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plagiarism Detection, spell checking

I have one more question, we are using Grammarly, an online tool to check for

Plagiarism Detection, spell checking and so on, I am wondering what is the percentage that would be consider ideal, for a decent writing, i am hovering around 50% and it keeps saying, weak, needs improvement, that's not encouraging for me, sadly

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pkwrite78 View Post
    I have one more question, we are using Grammarly, an online tool to check for

Plagiarism Detection, spell checking and so on, I am wondering what is the percentage that would be consider ideal, for a decent writing, i am hovering around 50% and it keeps saying, weak, needs improvement, that's not encouraging for me, sadly
    If you are selling your work, then it should be 100%.

Grammarly checks your grammar, but it doesn't teach you grammar. If you are getting around 50% a lot, then I suggest you enroll in a grammar class.

Pasting your post into Grammarly got 25%! I highly recommend a grammar class. This is what it is "encouraging" you to do.
    Steve Husting

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenHu View Post
    If you are selling your work, then it should be 100%.

Grammarly checks your grammar, but it doesn't teach you grammar. If you are getting around 50% a lot, then I suggest you enroll in a grammar class.

Pasting your post into Grammarly got 25%! I highly recommend a grammar class. This is what it is "encouraging" you to do.
    At least Grammarly sais: "The text in this document is original". That`s great heads up!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though your content is unique, it will not make sense if the grammar is incorrect.

So strive for 100% accuracy

Grammarly is a great tool to help you write amazing content!!

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HarrieB View Post
    Grammarly is a great tool to help you write amazing content!!
    No it's not. It's a moderately useful tool for spotting obvious grammatical errors. But even if your grammar is perfect, it won't help you write "amazing" content. It won't even help you write interesting or useful content. The ony tool for that is the one between your ears.

Mike

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikl View Post

No it's not. It's a moderately useful tool for spotting obvious grammatical errors. But even if your grammar is perfect, it won't help you write "amazing" content. It won't even help you write interesting or useful content. The only tool for that is the one between your ears.

Mike
    So true and to add, if you were to run a paragraph from Mark Twain through any spell/grammar checker the errors it would pick up would be flabbergasting! Good writing is not cut and dried based on rules alone. It's knowing how to use the written word to speak to your audience in their language.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown