SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Fonts/Type and Outline in Illustrator??

Hi,

I知 currently working with illustrator 10; I知 in the process of creating a logo. I used to do them in photo shop only because they were going to be web graphics. Well, now I have to learn illustrator. This is what I知 trying to do.

I need to take some text, turn it white, and then have a black outline on it. It seems very simple to me, I can whip that up in photo shop in seconds. But I'm lost in illustrator. Sure, I can make the text white, not a problem. But how would I go about making the text outlined in black? Any Suggestions? Dose my question make any sense?

Thank you,
    Last edited by Zoltrix; Mar 18, 2003 at 15:57.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Select the text, and from the top menu, go to Type > Create Outlines
    2. Still selecting the text, select the "Stroke" icon from the "Tools" menu, then select any color you want for the stroke.

If you don't know where the "Tools" menu or "stroke" icon is, the Illustrator software comes with a Quick Reference Card. Always good to have those around.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the bottom of your main toolbar (on the left side of the screen in Illustrator) there are two "squares": one is solid, and one is an outline shape. Change one of these colours with the colour palette (on the right side of the screen), and simply switch them via the small arrow, to obtain either a solid font, or an outline font. You can then adjust the outline, or the "stroke" but adjusting the stroke in its' own palette.

To access palettes, simply go to Window up top and choose which ones you want to be active. Best advice though: read the Illustrator manual. It's free, and included with the software program. All the tips and methods will be shown there.

geof