SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am new to the forum and have my site up for about four months. I am considering a face lift and removing the frames or at least most of them. Also considering redoing the homepage. I am no longer working with the person who developed the site and would like feedback on what you think about the site. Thank you in advance for your feedback and help. sdeaglewoman
    sdeaglewoman

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.abettermassage.net

[Edited by simone on 10-14-2000 at 06:31 AM]

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the homepage, give some thought to balancing the images and making the page more symmetrical-- it seems a bit tilted and heavy on the right side. Is this intended to be a gateway page? If yes, why not just a link to enter and go to a well-thought-out navig. panel inside. I found the navigation inside a bit awkward and confusing, and there are some overlaps. Do a site map to lay it all out and you will see where the improvements can be made.

In the Massage & Bodywork Network Member (webring) section at bottom of home, I clicked on "Next site". The page that came up took a long time to load and it was so ugh it made me forget all about getting a massage. Also, clicking on the image of the hand takes you to an apology page about problems with Yahoo. Your prospective customers won't want to read about problems with Yahoo, nor do they want to click on a link and be taken to someone else's website. Keep the viewer on your website, not someone else's. I'd remove the webring stuff, at least from home.

The bottom of the homepage refers to "a division of Vitality Plus". The "Vitality Tips" page refers to three different URLs, all connected with the massage business. All these URLs are confusing, and your customers have no interest in what is a division of what. I would not want to look at three different URLs at the bottom of (so many) pages, unless their being there has some relevance to the page being viewed.

When a viewer wants to make a massage appt and has the choice of a 1-800 number or email, I think he will choose a telephone call every time and speak to a human. I wouldn't do either until I knew what was what and its cost -- which suggests a better place for this feature would be other than the homepage.

I hope these comments will be helpful. And good luck with the massage biz.

Gene-B

Wanna-be Apple nut silver trophy M. Johansson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, first of all - I think the 3 links under the leafes should be moved to the main menu. Another thing is that the site should look the same everywhere. On some places it changes entierly and I felt lost. Try to avoid placing links on other places than the menu. That confuses me.

I also agree that you should loose the frames. Frames are always bad, and I don't see them serving any purpose on your site. Go with tables.

The graphics are nice, and makes me want massage - methinks you should keep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello.
    Good looking site. Like the blended in pictures, nice job.,
    The mouseovers kinda work, no all that effective. Use a preload script. So they will turn as soon as my mouse hits them...

That table at the bottom of the front page is kinda ugly, remedy that a little by taking the border away from the table.

The inner page..

Still hase the default front page title.. New Page 1..

The logo in the middle 'A Better message to health. To health' why is to healt repeated? I think that image needs to be redone.

The top frame, the urls need to be a darker color. so they stand out more...

Overall nice job..

Ken Prescott - 21Studios freelancing design
    Graphic-Forums - The Forums for the Graphic User

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

i was lookin' at your site earlier.

so, by the numbers. front page. nice graphics and a nice treatment of them. nice spacing. very relaxing.

very good idea to include information about the various massages and then going on to what is used.

the use of the yahoo map without clicking on a yahoo banner may be a problem with yahoo. but i do like your treatment of the map button.

frames - your treatment on the "enter site: is nice with the 3 frame look. then when you go to "vitality tips"
    the frames go to two and the floral gets chopped when scrolling down the page. and at the bottom of the page, the centered text overflows under the floral, looking a bit out of place.

when viewing the shh...secrets the 3 frame is back with a white treatment on the bottom left. when scrolling down, the right is ok until the horizontal rule and since i am on a 10xx wide screen the text below is centered from the end of the left frame to the right edge of my screen.

there is some stray text at the top of the lower right frame in the file http://www.abettermassage.net/new%20...enu/fmenu.htm.

when i go to the last page, well the hot pink, the mellow manner of the rest of the site was lost.

summary:

1. Try to keep the font color to a max of 3.
    2. Center the entire site, including the frames. for my screen it was shoved to the left side.
    3. Check out the font variations.
    4. Note the other comments. particular attention to the yahoo comment.

A wonderful site built by someone who really understands control of the page and someone who really knows the service being offered.

peace

ed

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a very attractive site, loaded with content. I'm not necessarily anti-frame, but this site seems to go to a new frameset with each link, so there's really no point to them at all, as far as I can see. I agree with the previous comments about a more consistent layout throughout being a good thing. And also to make sure that each page is titled. Other than that, my main suggestion would be not to center whole paragraphs. They should be left-aligned and placed where you want them on the page with the use of tables.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank all of your for your insight. I feel welcomed into the community and will take all of the tips into consideration in the face lift and maybe bring it back for more insight when finished. Thanks again. eaglewoman
    sdeaglewoman

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i feel that all the red text should be a pastel pink colour. Pink would go lovely with the grey...red is for danger, alertness etc...pink is relaxed , dusky and tranquil - which would suit the site more..

..any other suggestions have been put forward by others already.

regards

bj
    regards BJ

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the insight BJ. But red also in Feung Shui is a sign of business, and the green is for healing. I want a site that depicts what we do but doesn't come off--as the other type of massage that is still out there and being offered. Thanks for taking time to look and give me feedback. Sdeaglewoman.
    sdeaglewoman

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i aint no massage expert...
    regards BJ