SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy PicnicTutorials's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to share a funny story with you...

Morning

I'm attempting to get into the domain business. So I created a account at the leading domain forum. Just like Sitepoint. If your going to be a successful Web Designer then you have to post here. I posted once. Then I had just set up my new domain associated with my new business. So I wanted to change my username and email. So I just made a new account. Apparently that's bad. Because they immediately banned the new account. The following all happened in a 8 hour period. I logged back in with my old account and PM'd a mod explaining I had no mal intentions and to please reopen the other account and close the one I'm currently using. He DID, but told me to NEVER open a new account again. But apparently the other mods didn't get the memo because after successfully logging in and making a post that account was banned again. Good thing I have a lot of emails. So I created another account and PM'd him again telling him the funny story. He apparently did not bother to read the story because he banned the 3rd account in 5 minutes and emailed me with a lot of mean yelling words. At this point I was like OMG. So I made a 4th account and PM'd him a simple strait to the point PM headed "please read". He banned it before I could even finish the PM. I figured he could see my IP address because otherwise how would he know. Well I guess thats it then huh. I have more emails but this guy obviously has it in for whom he thinks I am and there seems not much I can do about it. I could register using my iphone (dif IP) and petition another head mod. But based on this guys emails and profile pic I dont want him thinking I'm cyber stalking his forum. Very weird huh.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Yes, pity they are so hotheaded. This occasionally happens here, and we try to help the user resolve the issue rather than just booting them out.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy PicnicTutorials's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't think I could respond to his emails via email. Especially with a closed account. But this morning I emailed him low and behold he got it. And must of been in a giving mood because he bothered to read it. And he reopened it again. Goes to show you want what you can't have.

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's good. I'm happy that you had your account back and that everything had a happy ending

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So nice, and its good that you get logged again with your old account. thanks to share this article.

The Mind's I ® silver trophy Dark Tranquility's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is starting to be a fluff magnet.
    Sorry, but thread closed.