SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my blog also copied by others blog. I dont have any problem with this if they show the source and give active link to my blog. if they dont, i will report to google

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy PicnicTutorials's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your first google should know but it's not perfect. I have had some luck reporting it to google and they responded saying they will deindex it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stas77 View Post
    Thank you very much for your help and links. Very informative.

I didn't know you can fake Alexa rank. how do you do that? I don't want to do it, i don't want to do illegal things with my blog, just i don't know how. by download the bar and go to site a lot?
    I proposed that google should use this measure to help determine page rank. To fake/help alexa you add the toolbar to your browser and make your home page the opening default page. I put it on IE though because it dramatically slows the browser. Every day I open IE. 2nd add alexa widget to your site and display none it. If you want to help further you can fake your IP and clear cookies and refresh the site over and over again. I have no qualm about saying this. If you build a pile of sh*t they will come.
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Apr 27, 2013 at 11:10. Reason: Quote added for clarity

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its the way of the web. I have given up and put it in googles hands. I have a site that is about 50 pages of stellar content. Stellar. I have found about 20 people in 7 years that have been so brazen they steal all 50 pages - nav and all - and put it up as their own. Google blows and shows their site directly under mine. Maybe the guys over there at google should change some things. If you can't tell I am very jaded about it. When this happens I do take it in my own hands. But I try not to even look in copyscape as it just ruins my day.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EricWatson View Post
    Its the way of the web. I have given up and put it in googles hands. I have a site that is about 50 pages of stellar content. Stellar. I have found about 20 people in 7 years that have been so brazen they steal all 50 pages - nav and all - and put it up as their own. Google blows and shows their site directly under mine. Maybe the guys over there at google should change some things. If you can't tell I am very jaded about it. When this happens I do take it in my own hands. But I try not to even look in copyscape as it just ruins my day.
    The same happened to us at the company i work for and they took our blog and translate it all to Russian and use our logos - even said "we." they were first in russian and are indexed higher than our real russian blog!

Quote Originally Posted by EricWatson View Post
    I proposed that google should use this measure to help determine page rank. To fake/help alexa you add the toolbar to your browser and make your home page the opening default page. I put it on IE though because it dramatically slows the browser. Every day I open IE. 2nd add alexa widget to your site and display none it. If you want to help further you can fake your IP and clear cookies and refresh the site over and over again. I have no qualm about saying this. If you build a pile of sh*t they will come.
    Wow, that's crazy what people do for a few more views. I would not have never thought of that.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same happened to us at the company i work for and they took our blog and translate it all to Russian and use our logos - even said "we." they were first in russian and are indexed higher than our real russian blog!

Wow, that's crazy what people do for a few more views. I would not have never thought of that.
    Ya but its not the fault of the site owner. I for instance cannot get accepted into other non adsense ad networks untill my alexa and PR is higher. So I and one billion others have no recourse but to do whatever we can to get those numbers higher. My site is a perfect example of stellar content is not all that is nessesarry. If it were some of the 10 ad networks I have submitted to would take a second to navigate the site and say yes please do participate in the program. Instead they just see the zero PR and high alexa and say no. This should remedy itself in time after my newly moved site gets its PR back.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PicnicTutorials View Post
    Ya but its not the fault of the site owner. I for instance cannot get accepted into other non adsense ad networks untill my alexa and PR is higher. So I and one billion others have no recourse but to do whatever we can to get those numbers higher. My site is a perfect example of stellar content is not all that is nessesarry. If it were some of the 10 ad networks I have submitted to would take a second to navigate the site and say yes please do participate in the program. Instead they just see the zero PR and high alexa and say no. This should remedy itself in time after my newly moved site gets its PR back.
    Wow, i did not know it is so hard to get into the networks. i got into a few pretty easy once i had good content, but not ones like adsense, not text ads. maybe that's the different?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, i did not know it is so hard to get into the networks. i got into a few pretty easy once i had good content, but not ones like adsense, not text ads. maybe that's the different?
    Which ones did you get in? Maybe I'll try those.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PicnicTutorials View Post
    Which ones did you get in? Maybe I'll try those.
    I use mostly the ones that have items for what I promote, so eBay and CJ and a few niche ones, but i haven't used niche ones yet, other than a big site in my field that has ow affiliate program.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone stole your content then you no need to worry as you published content first so it will index first. Apart from his you also gave different links to your website or web source in your content. Your blog will cache first and search engine will consider your content first. If they have copied content penalty, it would be apply on another one’s blog who stole your original content.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copying a content will Increase your website competition , SO Creadit link will of no use if you like to get traffic to your blog ,.If you want Your product advertisement then its cool , you are getting it for free

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think, if you post your blog, then when anybody copies it, google will spam their content. So do not worry, your post is unique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Submit DMCA compliant regarding that site, your request will be answered within 3 days and also copied post is removed from the Google Search Result Page.
    Hope it will help you !

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duplicate content could potentially harm your blog. It provides search engines with multiple problems, they don't know which to exclude from their own indices and also the search engine does not know which piece of content to rank for certain search queries to do. The best thing to do, is what you have done. As smanaher suggested, file a DMCA to Google and once again contact the owner of the website that has duplicated your content. Tell them you have filed a DMCA and ask them once again to politely take down the duplicated content.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HarrieB View Post
    Usually, sites which post the content first is indexed by Google. I have often seen my content get indexed within 24 hours of posting.

Alexa rank is something which can be faked.

as far as page rank is concerned, it won't make much of a difference.

You should send a dmca takedown request to the website which stole your content.

You can use screenshots to show them the proof and highlight the dates the content was posted.
    could you please explain what do you mean by saying Alexa rank is something which can be faked.

best regard

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to me you can make some changes in your content it will be beneficial for you and people will get to read something new and fresh. Although if someone is coping content from your blog it will not cause any kind of harm to your blog. Google has each and every update

Snip
    Last edited by John_Betong; May 27, 2013 at 22:11. Reason: removed link

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's bad. But if your content gets "crawled" first by Google, your site (the one that posted that content) will get the rank first than the duplicated one in other sites. I don't know how Google treats duplicated content. Others say that Google will count similar content as one vote or it gets penalized (the copyist) unless it is clear that the article syndicated. As I've said I'm not sure and I could be wrong.

Since it's posted without your permission, you can file a suit online. I think you should talk first to the copyist. See to it if he/she agrees to take down the copied content or not. If not, then you know what to do.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duplicate content is harmful for the website. if your site content is dulicate, your site ranking will be decrease.
    Last edited by Stevie D; May 29, 2013 at 06:12. Reason: Fake signature deleted