SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I have a site http://www.quitstaring.com that provides free web hosting. I really do need some people that are willing to tell me what they think. Just tell me anything and everything that you can think of, such as load times, graphics, style, looks, navigation, whatever. I need to know about problems related to browsers and everything. So, anything and everything you can find, tell me about.

Thanks!

http://www.quitstaring.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not get a good sense of your identity via the colors and graphics. Try to carry forward your main pages layout and identity into the other pages. Your navigation bar was all screwed up on my end - you might want to tighten it up. I didn't like your "Q" - but that could just be my preference. Other than that your sites works good. It's to the point and gives the info required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

problem with the faq page showing up a lot narrower than the others.

cosmetic item (and i am the last - absolutely last - to mention cosmetics). i would find a way to move the password and user id items into the little construction on the left with the other directory items and use that extra space to the right for text. maybe move the join page into a spot with the construction.

check load speed on a 56k and the curves on a netscape.

NOTE: THIS REVIEW WAS ORIGINALLY IN THE WRONG PLACE. BUT THIS IS WHERE IT SHOULD BE.

thanks for the nice site.

peace

ed

win98/2 ie5.+ sony multiscan17se 80 meg ram. dsl

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your website presents your information well, it provides your major information on the first page, which is important. Your links worked well and for me they loaded quickly (somewhat unusal for earthlink). I don't have a slow modem but because of where I live my browser can be slow. Anyway, everything worked well and I found all of your information easily. Good Luck. sdeaglewoman at http://www.abettermassage.net
    sdeaglewoman

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Q with the name of the free hosting, but on the curved menu there is a space between the home image and the join image, and the top and bottom curved pieces don't seem to fit together.

I also think you should but the banner requirement on the main page, because some people might not think to consult the faq.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Content and navigation are fine. I agree with the statements about a consistent look. The pages should look the same and the table should be the same width throughout. I'd like to see something going on at the top of the table. It looks a little stark the way it is. Curved corners, or a row in the blue you've use with some navigation in it might help. Everything loaded quickly except for the center graphic on the main page. That graphic also has no alt attribute, which means that very important text is lost to search engines, as well as being inaccessible to non-graphical browsers. And, the text on it looked like separate links to me, but in fact the entire graphic was one link. On a site of this kind, I think you'd benefit from losing that graphic and using the space for text.
    I think it would look smoother if all the text was in a san serif font, too. It just goes well with the look of your site.
    On the FAQ page, on the question about images not showing up you say "The most common reason that people have this troubles is related to". It should be "this trouble" or "these troubles".
    I think it needs a few small adjustments, but is not that far from being a fine site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello.
    I say make the entire background that tanish brown color that you have in your main table area.

Pull your navigation together, make it one solid on, with the sides the same width of the half ovals.

Your colors need to be worked one, browns, blues, yellows, I don't think that looks to good, but it doesnt look too bad.
    Ken Prescott - 21Studios freelancing design
    Graphic-Forums - The Forums for the Graphic User

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a few comments.

The logo is appealing, but the background of it did not seem to match the background of the rest of the page (a little off).

The large eclipse with the hosting information in it is eye-catching, and does grab my attention.

The menubar is plain, but it loads fine and looks alright. I don't understand why there is a space between "Home and "Join", and another between "Support" and "Contact"

The many flashy buttons on the page are an eyesoar. I think it would be best if you had maybe just 3 or 4 in one line, rather than how they are placed currently.

I am sure you already know this, but there is no real <title> currently, only "New Page 1".

As stated by others, there needs to be a consistent design.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sup man...

I think that your website concept is one that will sell...

but u have problems in the bar because it is not connecting with the rest of the page. The policy is a goof strong one. The FAQ page is kinda messed up, so maybe u should take a look at it. and give your homepage a good title. I like your homepage becauase you get right to the point...

Basically good,

Zoeb Abdulla

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you have a really good design started however I dislike that grey background.

Also, all of those buttons are a bit distracting.

Besides that, this site has great potential.

- Jason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the fact that there was only about 5 minutes needed to read the whole site.

Things I noted that could be different

Don't need an active home page button on the home page.
    Join page no menu to other area or the home page. Maybe needs a back button.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice site, to the point and without a overwhelming interface. A coupla things you might want to change is the space between Home and Join, Support and Contact and the page title (the <TITLE> type), for now "Quitstaring.com" would be fine(for a title). I have a PII 333, 128 Mb RAM, 1024 x 768.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad site.

But if you could reduce the number of the graphic that is used, it could even be better.

Try to reduce the number of your partners,
    From what i see you have 11 partners logo.
    this could took a long time to load.

My suggestion is that reduce it to 4 partners logo and use a banner rotationto rotate the banner.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow this looks nice and clean. Great job.

check the buttons some of them have broken images.
    The other suggestion is to make the left index one unit.
    Right now its broken into 5 sections.
    Looking for webhosting?
    Complete review of hosting services, including dedicated and Cobalt Raqs.
    http://www.webhostingvillage.com