As i do not pride myself on my graphic, or anesthetic ability i must ask for some feedback from the punters.
My new site http://www.mad-onion.com will attempt to go were no man has gone before and explain difficult concepts to idiots (amatuers).
I would just like some feedback on the layout and particuarly the navigation, even though there are many broken links.
IE 5.5 @ 800x600 @ 32bit @ 28.8k
Not sure what to say about the site..
• Logo seems a bit big, not sure if I like the font of it.
• Your section headers in the nav could use some cellpadding.
• The content section in the center seems a little odd being spaced to the right of the left so much but connecting to the right bar. Maybe if you did something with the right bar other than a blank gray background..
cant tell if the site is in its early stages or not...but for now a couple of suggestions:
- reduce the header graphic by about 20% (i like the image)
- lose the grey bg around the graphic
-and somewhere along with the 'mad-onion' insert an intro i.e. 'MAD ONION your #1 web resource'...something like that.
OH man, get rid of those graphics. I know you don't take pride in them and everything, but their resolution is terrible. You can see the individual pixels, which means your pixel depth is sorry. (please correct me if I'm wrong on that, someone, I forget)
Also, for me personally, Id on't know why there is so much whitespace between your nav bar and your text. I think that you could make that much closer. Also, you should make your site one big table and have it max out at no more than 75%. That way, all resolutions can view the site easily within their browser window, however, if you use 75%, I find that I have some difficulty with some resolutions. I recommend 60% to 65%, that seems to be a healthy medium, not too big, not too small. Yours definitely needs to be smaller. Gives the eyes too much space to look at.
Also, make your site do something that no other site is doing. There are too many sites doing the exact same thing. Redefine your site and make it stick out.