.getElementById(); issue - please help
the issue I am having is the following:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en-US">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<p>Welcome to a site about making pizza</p>
<p>While pizza is delicious with the above ingredients, it is even better when you add toppings!</p>
This is what I have attempted to diagnose:
1. Embed js (I always use external files)
2. open html in Chrome, FF, IE
3. open html from local path and from my domain via its stage
4. empty browser's saved data (cookies, cache, history etc)
5. Ensure HTML markup is not impeding JS -> W3C XHTML valid
Its beyond me as to why such a simple and small amount of code could possibly fail. Thanks for reading and offering suggestions!