A Competition (the quick and fun kind with cool prizes)
It's been a while since the last contest, so here we are with a short and fun (we hope) mind breaker.
All you have to do is fill in the answers to the 9 questions in the grid, take the letters from the yellow (SOLUTION) column, and put them in the right order to find the word we're looking for. We'll even give you a hint to find that word!
Before we get to the grid and the questions, let's talk about:
1) All staff and those that were staff at some time in 2012 are excluded from participation.
2) Each correct answer to one of the 9 questions is worth 1 point.
3) The word we're looking for is worth 10 points
4) The winner is the one with the highest score. In case of a draw, the winner will be selected by random draw.
5) DO NOT post the solutions here or anywhere in the forums. Send an email (see details below).
The contest is open from right now, and will end on March 11th 24:00 GMT
- 1st place: a print book of choice
- 2nd place: an ePack book of choice
- 3rd place: a coffee mug
Results and winners announcement
The correct answers and the top 3 winners will be published the following week.
E-mail the answers to the 9 questions (or as many as you have found) and the word we're looking for (if you managed to find it) to
Remember to mention your SPF username in the mail, otherwise we won't know who you are!
And now, finally:
Click on image to enlarge (yes it's an image, if you want a real grid you'll have print it out, or make one yourself :) ).
1 Everyone talks about it, but there is no concensus on what it really is. You could, for example, store your files in here (5 letters)
2 Google can't read it, Apple doesn't like it (5 letters)
3 CSS is too much (4 letters)
4 #sitepoint (7 letters)
5 Used to enhance the user experience (10 letters)
6 Before we used short URLs everyone wrote application (3 letters)
7 On the road (6 letters)
8 This is all SEO people care about (9 letters)
9 … media (6 letters)
The place that brings all these things together
Edit: the correct answers and the winners can be found here: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...cool-prizes%29