Hi, here's my link
Tourist Assistance Card
Can you tell what is it all about?
Any suggestions on design, content or function?
The design looks good. Except for maybe the pixelated flags and the deck chair cutting off the end of "Croatia" in the footer.
I'm a little confused by the languages though. The link clicks through to an english written page, but it is a site for German, Swedish and Czech users. When you click one of the flags there is no way to return to the English page. Is there any need to have the english page at all? Also, it didn't seem to be well written anyway. safetyness isn't even a word.
As for the service you offer, I think you need to be more clear on how it works. For me, I couldn't understand how the interpretation service works.
Does this mean an interpreter will be with me in person? Or is this all telephone help?Quote:
This service is assumed as help in everyday situations in understanding language, text or notions in Croatian. / how to find nearest pharmacy, how to manage in pharmacy, post office or restaurant, how to find the nearest shopping centre, how to make an order, etc../.
I wouldn't worry about the design at all at the moment and would concentrate solely on the writing and explaining in more detail what you can offer.
Thanks, yeah I know about the texts, we were thinking about single bullet approach, but later decided to go with separate languages; also, I'm aware of quality of texts in English, we'll fix that.
All services are intended as help by phone call.
Here are a few issues:
- Cut down the number of words in every paragraph. Take out all of emotional/marketing/whatever words and just keep it straight-forward. This will help people understand quickly what a specific thing is about, without wasting their time reading anything useless.
- Why are you splitting all the services? it's pretty annoying. Their description is very short anyway. Just put them all under one tab. This way you could just put the orders tab after them "services" tab and bring it closer. It isn't positioned well currently.
- You might want to put a logo or something on the top. The banner seems really bland.
Hope this helps. :)
- I'm always for direct, straight-forward messages, I'll pass it on to our copy person
- I think we might do that, put all services on one page (in first version everything was on the same page)
- we don't have official logo, yet
Thank you for specific and useful advices :)
I second doing each of the 'pages' for the services you provide as individual pages. The way you've got is 'nice' but people can't cut & paste links to each other without a "then click on [whatever]" explanation.
It also feels a bit weird you can't click on the pictures of the cards, maybe you could have a Lightbox or something that goes to a larger picture when you click on them?
Clear up exactly which country it can be used for. The first kline of text suggests that it is for use in multiple countrys, but the rest of the text speaks specifically about Croatia. Is this for Croatia only?
"Tourist Assistance Card is intended for Swedish, German and Czech speaking tourists who plan to visit Croatia. " - as thi spage is written in English, I presume it is also intended for english speakers? Add "english speakers" into the list if it is.
Whilst the english text can be understood, it does not make gramatical sense. As the product you are selling is a language translation service, it is really important that the text on the website is absolutly 100% correct if you want the readers to trust what you say. Go over the english and make some corrections.
I hope this is helpful - it certainly sounds like a helpful service to me!
@benologist.com - I agree on both counts, I'll add lightbox to card pictures. Thanks!
@happybrian - Yes, services are currently provided for Croatia only, and we used English as universal language for tourist web sites, Google placement, distributors, partners and such.
We're revising texts right now.
Thank you both for your comments, you've been very helpful!
Design looks good, but the header and navigation fonts seem too generic. Pick something more unique. I think the pixelated flags look good.
The large image background, while fine for people on broadband, may present loading issues for those on dial-up, especially if they live outside of Europe.
Thanks Sleepy, I'll see what can be done about optimization for dial-up.
I like it! perhaps the flags would look better as they are, instead of pixelated. Also, why not a picture on the card? even phone cards have it and they usually look great. Anyway I like the site.
I like the simplicity. I immediately found my way around. I would try to make it a bit more appealing visually though. It's very dry and looks a bit dated. You can add a video or something, just make it more eye catching. I would imagine that you have plenty of competition and I would employ every little thing that can give me the upper hand.
Here is my review:
1. you did a great job especially the background
2. Header - a logo is needed and more color to it - maybe a text reflection
3. header flag icons - don't like them - a nice square glossy ones i would suggest.
4. a little more content for the pages in the menu
5. some credibility logos or testimonials would bring more customers too
Thank you for commenting, I'll take some of it into consideration :)
I like the idea of putting testimonials and some credibility logos in.
It looks very nice. I like your background, easy menu, great, not so vivid colors, informative content. Really, I don't think that you need changes. Good luck this your site!