OK, so I got my first freelance job the other day. Its for a sports supplements store. They have a pretty good large site and are offering me a good supply of supplements for 25 hours of work per month on their site. I am happy with this.
I need some ideas apart from the obvious on what I could spend mt time on...
The site has NO metatags and has NEVER been submitted to an engine !!!!!! This is obviously my first thing to get working on.
Hoever do you have any ideas on what else I could spend my time on as I DO have to submit 25 hours per month.
Here are some things I was thinking of...
1. promoting their affiliate program. How ?
2. Finding sport engines and get them listed on these.
3. Getting links on personal sites.
4. my signiture on fitness boards...
Help me with some more please !!!!!
That sounds like all you can do for now...do your best to get out there and create a buzz about it...post like nuts all over the forums out there...you can get a lot of that done in 25 hours. http://www.SitePoint.com/forums/smile.gif
MyCoding.com: Join our mailing list for launch notification!
"I'm not an insomniac, I'm a web designer."
1. check the code. If it's not "clean", fix it. I spend HOURS cleaning up Frontpage code for engines for websites. Kill the redundant tags and repeat fonts, for example.
2. Construct meta tags and title tag for each page. Each page has it's own subject right? If it's a large site, you can easily fill the time analyzing pages and building the metas for each one.
3. Manually submit it - no automatic submission. Takes FOREVER http://www.SitePoint.com/forums/smile.gif
4. Write PR's
5. Translate it into other languages (Just kidding!)
6. Run rank checks on it. Write a report on your findings.
7. Compare it to the competition and write a report on that!
They'll love you and think you're a genius.
Nice one... thanks for your help cre8pc..
Why not set up a email monthly newsletter?
Then you can send information on: the store, products, special offers etc, to customers/visitors who choose to sign up.
Try Listbot ( http://www.listbot.com ) or try and set it up yourself.
If their Affiliate program is decent get it listed in a place like Commission Junction or other Affiliate distributors.
Have some of their people write articles and submit them to other sports related websites. Submit press releases to online and traditional news sources.
Make sure the website URL is on every bottle they sell.
Wayne Luke - Sitepoint Forums Administrator
Digital Magician Magazine - MetaQuark Creations (Coming Soon)