I noticed a few people complaining about Commission Junction not tracking ads properly and I think I located at least one of the problems. I finally finished configuring the SmartZones to rotate ads on my site (see username for URL), and placed the code on my site. I noticed, however, that the ad often would not load at all. Instead, CJs script would simply return a space instead of a reference to an advertisement. Ads would only load about 1 out of every 20 pages. When the code would return an ad, the image would often be a broken link. What is going on with CJ?
CJ seems to be having a lot of problems lately. I'm guessing it'll just be a problem with their servers being overloaded and hope they'll fix it soon. Before the recent string of technical problems CJ was a great service.
I've had exactly the same problem with SmartZones so stick to using my own rotation script to deliver the ads now. It seems to work ok.
I've never used the SmartZones feature but I'm also experiencing some tech problems. Firstly, some of the things in the Members Area like Yearly Reports are disabled. They keep missing the deadlines they promised to have it fixed by.
Also, occasionally (1/40 times or so) the banner just doesn't load (using my own adrotator), so I presume their server really is struggling.
I know they were planning to upgrade the server, not sure whether it actually happened yet though.