Quick note – Dathan Pattishall, one of Flickr’s db / software engineers has been dropping notes on his new blog mySQL DBA – some fascinating insight and technical tips.
Related to recent UTF-8 discussions…
- Rebuilding 4.0 data into 4.1 data
- What does mySQL 4.1 do with utf8 and collation
- Calculating utf8 sizes for varchars
- MySQL 4.1 and insert or Load data warnings
- Note about utf8_bin
- Quick php script to figure out bad utf8 characters. (Blogger.com really needs to sort out syntax formatting and highlighting!)
Will update the wiki in due course.