type = 'application/x-shockwave-flash'
data = 'http://sitepointstatic.com/flash/loader.swf'
width = '400'
height = '400'
bgcolor = 'black'
This tutorial shows you how to create a great loader animation. Download the sample files here.
1. Create some short, static text, and name it "Loading". Convert this to a symbol, and call it "loader".
2. Use loader symbol to create a rotating movieclip. Give this movieclip an instance name of "ball".
3. Create three key frames in the scene. In the first, insert the action:
i = 0;
a = 10;
4. In the second key frame, insert the action:
//Create duplicate movie clip
duplicateMovieClip("ball", "ball" add i, i);
//decrease the alpha of the dupliacte movieclip
setProperty("ball" add i, _alpha, 50-(i*(50/a)));
i = Number(i)+1;
5. In the third key frame, insert the action:
Now, play the movie!
Georgina has more than fifteen years' experience writing and editing for web, print and voice. With a background in marketing and a passion for words, the time Georgina spent with companies like Sausage Software and sitepoint.com cemented her lasting interest in the media, persuasion, and communications culture.