type = 'application/x-shockwave-flash'
data = 'http://sitepointstatic.com/flash/mousepos.swf'
width = '400'
height = '400'
bgcolor = 'black'
Download the sample files here.
1. Create a movieclip from any object.
2. Give the movieclip instance a name – I used "drag".
3. Create two text fields give them variable names
4. Go to the drag movieclip timeline.
5. Create 2 keyframes as shown below:
6.In the first key frame use the action:
startDrag ("/drag", true);
/:xtxt = getProperty("/drag",_x);
/:ytxt = getProperty("/drag",_y);
7. In the second key frame use the action:
8. Bravo! You have made your own cool mouse position detector.
Georgina has more than fifteen years' experience writing and editing for web, print and voice. With a background in marketing and a passion for words, the time Georgina spent with companies like Sausage Software and sitepoint.com cemented her lasting interest in the media, persuasion, and communications culture.