Frankly, most web forms do, whether because of poor usability, a lack of aesthetic values, or both. Fortunately, most of you realize this and seek out help—evident by the popularity of Fancy Form Design Using CSS, one of our all-time most successful tutorials.
However, this tutorial could only cover so much, so about six months ago we contacted some of the top web heavyweights—Derek Featherstone, Jina Bolton, and Tim Connell—to share their insights with us.
If you’ve been at any web conference in the past year, you’ve probably heard these individuals speak about web design at events like Web Directions, dConstruct, An Event Apart,and Webmaster Jam—this trio know what fancy is all about!
We’ve now compiled all their knowledge and best-practice advice into a practical, full-color book that will teach you how to create visually stunning and usable web forms, from start to end.
With Fancy Form Design, you’ll:
- learn the basics of grid design and typography
- discover how to use color and images effectively
- find out how to structure forms for maximum usability
- gain tips for writing useful instructions, errors, and advisory text to eliminate user frustration and form abandonment
- grasp how to style web forms using CSS to great effect
To grab your copy—in print form delivered to your door or as an instantly downloadable PDF—head to:
Remember, order a second book and shipping is free to anywhere in the world!