I catch up with Design Festival author Dennis Lembrée this week to chat about web accessibility, podcasting, and an accessible Twitter front-end he wrote called EasyChirp.
Download this Episode
You can download this episode as a standalone MP3 file:
- Design Festival Podcast #15: Web Accessibility with Dennis Lembrée (MP3, 47:36, 45.9 MB)
You can subscribe to the Design Festival Podcast either directly or via iTunes — add the Design Festival Podcast to iTunes.
- Show intro: had some great feedback last week on the CSS3 gradients and SVG episode with an idea for using SVG sprites — very, very cool. Pascal briefly raves about the just reported new “neurosynaptic computing chip” by IBM that emulates the cognitive functions of human brains before welcoming our new robotic overloads.
- Note about the audio for the interview: Pascal lost his stream thanks to GarageBand and the audio is a tad disjointed. New MBP is on its way so things should settle down hereon in.
- Guest intro
- Podcasting and Dennis’ six-year running Web Axe accessibility podcast
- Web accessibility
- EasyChirp, an accessible front-end to Twitter
- Web accessibility tools
- Show close
- Chris’ feedback on SVG sprites
- Dennis Lembrée’s site
- Law office of a colleague of Dennis who specializes in disability rights and advocacy
- Dennis’ article Popular Mistakes in Universal Web Design
So yea, I couldn’t help myself this week when I came across a dubstep remix of the nyan cat song by DJ Alex S. Enjoy!