Start Building Web Sites Like a Pro!
Build Your Own Website The Right Way Using HTML & CSS, 3rd Edition
Need to build your very first website? You’ve come to the right place!
The 3rd edition of Build Your Own Website the Right Way Using HTML & CSS is the perfect companion to help you accomplish this goal.
All you need is a computer with an internet connection and by the end of the book, you’ll know how to build the site, obtain some hosting, promote the site, and keep it running once it’s live.
With over 60,000 copies sold since its first edition, this SitePoint bestseller has been fully updated to include the latest operating systems, web browsers, and provides fixes to issues that have cropped up since the last edition.
The 3rd edition of Build Your Own Website the Right Way Using HTML & CSS contains an extra four chapters pertaining to social media, HTML5 & CSS3, jQuery and troubleshooting.
Things you'll learn:
1. Adding style to your first web pageAdd text and control page layout with CSS. Create backgrounds and borders, plus learn to add effects.
2. Using images on your websiteCreate a photo gallery and optimize graphics for the Web.
3. Include a custom search and user feedback pagesWebsites aren’t all one-way traffic. Learn to interact with your audience using web forms.
4. Launching your websiteLearn about hosting plans, the pros and cons of using free services, and the tools you’ll need to go “live.”
5. Extend your site’s reach with social mediaEveryone’s using Twitter and Facebook these days. Discover the opportunities these sites can offer.
6. Enhance your site with HTML5, CSS3, & jQueryAdd cool features using the latest technologies to give your site punch.
Hey, can you help me with my web site?
If you’re everyone's favorite web guru — the “go-to person” for all things web — Ian’s book may be your salvation!
Build Your Own Website the Right Way Using HTML & CSS is the ideal way to get family and friends up to speed without having to hold their hand the whole way!
They get top shelf advice from day one and you’re off the hook. It’s a win-win situation!
Who is Ian Lloyd?
Ian Lloyd is the author or co-author of a number of web development books, including SitePoint’s Ultimate HTML Reference. He has contributed articles to numerous industry-leading sites such as A List Apart, Think Vitamin, and .net magazine. Ian is also the founder of one of the earliest online accessibility resources, accessify.com.
Satisfaction Guaranteed at SitePoint
Of course, we’re so confident that you’ll be satisfied with this product for years to come that we’re happy, as always, for you to try it risk-free for 30 days. If you purchase a copy of Build Your Own Website The Right Way Using HTML & CSS, 3rd Edition and you think it falls short of being everything you wanted, we’d like you to have your money back.
Simply contact us and we’ll see to it that you receive a prompt refund of the full purchase price, minus shipping and handling (if required). p>
What could be fairer than this?
Build Your Own Website the Right Way Using HTML & CSS should immediately be made required reading for every single course on web design or web development across the world
Roger Johansson 456 Berea Street For 1st Edition
Live, unmoderated reviews from our customers, typos and all.
If you are a absolute beginner when using html and css then this is the book for you.
Great book! I was searching for a book that would provide me with a refresher as its been a while...this book ends my search. Everything is well explained.
christopher s, USA
Nicely structured book, concise with good examples, easy to understand and follow
G X, USA