Hooray! A new and improved edition of this book is now available!
The 1st edition of Build Your Own Web Site The Right Way Using HTML & CSS was a very fine book but we replaced it with a new and updated edition in December 2008.
Build Your Own Web Site The Right Way Using HTML & CSS
“Learning HTML and CSS has never been so much fun!”
- Build a fully-featured web site from scratch using HTML
- Use CSS to add style to your website and help you with page layout
- Learn the tricks to creating graphics especially for the web
- Make your web site interactive with forms!
- Find how easy it is to get your web site online
- Keep people updated by adding a blog to your site
Roger Johansson 456 Berea St
... should immediately be made required reading for every single course on web design or web development across the world
Want to build your very first web site, but not sure where to start? Considering a career involving web design? Build Your Own Web Site The Right Way Using HTML & CSS is the most easy to understand, fun, and comprehensive guide to learning the fundamentals of web development — HTML and CSS. Join web development guru Ian Lloyd (of Accessify, WaSP and Britpack fame) as you build a complete, fully functional web site from the ground up.
What makes this book stand head and shoulders above other introductory guides to HTML is that you’ll learn the latest fully standards-compliant, best-practice techniques from the very beginning.
Armed with the knowledge you’ll gain from this book, you’ll build web sites that:
- Look good on Windows, Mac and Linux computers
- Will function correctly whether your visitors are using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera or Safari
- Are easy to update and maintain
- Are accessible to disabled users who use screen readers to view your web site
The book also includes a comprehensive XHTML reference, complete with examples of use, which will ensure that this book remains a valuable desk reference for years to come.
What Will I Learn?
Build Your Own Web Site The Right Way Using HTML & CSS's step-by-step tutorial format is so easy to follow, you’ll be able to build professional looking web sites in no time!
John Oxton joshuaink.com
...this is not a coffee table book, like so many recently; this is a book of substance, something thats probably going to look well used pretty quickly.
Read this book, and you’ll:
- Find out where to find all the free tools necessary to build your site
- Become an HTML web design guru
- See how easy it is to style your web pages with CSS
- Learn how to create and convert images for use on web sites
- Get some excellent advice on laying out your page
- Discover how and when to use tables on your pages
- Build a complete, functional web site that you can customize for your own use
- Let your visitors interact with your site using form elements
- Find the best web host for your site and get your site online
- Learn how to add a blog to your site and keep it updated
- Understand who’s visiting your web site using web site statistics
- Let users search your site to find what they're looking for
...And a whole lot more!
View the Table of Contents
Who Should Read This Book?
Just about anyone can build web sites by following the easy instructions in this book. Absolutely no prior knowledge of HTML, CSS, or web site design is required; you’ll learn everything from scratch. To get started, all you’ll need is access to a computer and an Internet connection.
Covering both PC and Macintosh equally, Build Your Own Web Site The Right Way Using HTML & CSS uses practical and useful examples to teach you how to write your web pages.
Build Your Own Web Site The Right Way Using HTML & CSS is the most practical and complete book for learning the basics of web design. If you don’t agree, we’ll give you your money back!
There’s no need to re-type or re-create any of the examples in the book. As with all our books, you’ll receive instant download access to all the example files used, so you can use them immediately in your own web site.
No-risk Money-back Guarantee
Of course we’re so confident that you’ll treasure this book for years to come that we’re happy, as always, for you to try it risk-free for 30 days. If you purchase a copy of Build Your Own Web Site The Right Way Using HTML & CSS and you think it fails to be everything you wanted, we would like you to have your money back.
Simply contact us and we will see to it that you receive a prompt and courteous refund of the full purchase price minus shipping and handling.
What could be fairer than this?
How To Order This Book
Unfortunately, this book is no longer available!
The 1st edition of Build Your Own Web Site The Right Way Using HTML & CSS was a fine book but we replaced it with a new and updated edition in December 2008.
We don’t sell the old version now, but check out the new edition if you're looking for an updated book along the same lines.
Our promise to you... Order direct from sitepoint.com and receive:
- The very latest editions of all our books
- Exclusive offers only available to direct customers
- Lightning-fast shipping world-wide
- 30 day money-back guarantee