Build Your Own Standards Compliant Website Using Dreamweaver 8
“ Everything you need to create standards compliant, accessible, cross-browser compatible Websites with Dreamweaver 8 ”
- Build a complete Website the right way using Dreamweaver 8
- Master Dreamweaver 8’s unified CSS features
- Mark up your code using valid XHTML Strict
- Learn super-efficient workflow techniques and become a Dreamweaver pro
DW8: Cool Feature
Rachel explains the nuts’n’bolts of DW8’s new CSS panel, that pulls together all of DW8’s CSS tools into a one, powerful, unified panel.
Macromedia Dreamweaver 8, the latest version of Web design professionals’ tool of choice, offers brand new, powerful functionality for creating standards compliant Websites that load faster, are more accessible, achieve better search engine rankings through cleaner code, and work across different browsers.
In Build Your Own Standards Compliant Website Using Dreamweaver 8, Rachel Andrew guides you, step-by-step, through the process of creating a complete, flexible, and easy-to-maintain site in strict XHTML and CSS using Dreamweaver. Rachel shows you efficient workflow techniques that will make you a Dreamweaver pro in no time!
What Will You Learn?
DW8: Cool Feature
Media Type Previews
Rachel guides you through developing for alternative viewing devices with DW8’s media-specific CSS tools.
Build Your Own Standards Compliant Website Using Dreamweaver 8 will teach you how to design Web pages the right way. You'll find out how you can exploit the new features in Dreamweaver 8 to build Websites that are fully compliant with industry standards.
Buy this book and you'll:
- Gain a thorough understanding of current Web standards - what they are and why you should use them.
- Learn to configure Dreamweaver 8 to generate standards compliant Websites.
- Mark up your Web pages using fully-compliant XHTML Strict code.
- Discover how semantic markup can future-proof your Website, and aid in accessibility.
- Find out how writing clean, compliant code can make your site more accessible to search engines.
- Learn how Dreamweaver 8's powerful built-in validator can ensure your hand-written markup is compliant.
- Find out how using CSS to lay out your site can give you greater design flexibility.
- Create CSS layouts quickly and efficiently by mastering Dreamweaver 8's unified CSS panel.
- See exactly how your CSS layouts will look on the Web using Dreamweaver 8's CSS visualization features.
- Learn to pass the Section 508 and WAI Accessibility guidelines with a triple A rating.
- Become more productive by practicing efficient workflow techniques.
- Find out how CSS can make Web forms both stylish and more accessible.
- Make Website navigation a breeze by intergrating third-party search utilities into your site.
- Discover how to design for alternate Web devices using Dreamweaver 8's Design-time style sheets feature.
- And a whole lot more!
For a complete summary of what you will learn in Build Your Own Standards Compliant Website Using Dreamweaver 8 , take a look at the Table of Contents.
New Features in Dreamweaver 8
DW8: Cool Feature
DW8 helps you understand the mechanics of any CSS layout by giving you a visual representation of invisible CSS properties such as 'padding' and 'margins'
Macromedia Dreamweaver version 8 makes creating standards complaint Websites easier than ever.
Dreamweaver 8’s new integrated CSS panel makes editing CSS and seeing its affect on your page layout a breeze. Also included in this version of Dreamweaver is new support for CSS media types, allowing you to view your CSS based document in the same way as the end user will see it, whether it is on screen, on the printed page, or on a hand-held device.
CSS rendering in Dreamweaver 8 has also been improved to better match the rendering used in most current Web browsers, giving a realistic impression of the way a Website will appear in the major browsers.
New features in Dreamweaver 8 can save time and increase productivity. Code folding allows you to 'collapse' sections of code while not working on them, giving you the option of focusing only on the code you are editing. Dreamweaver 8 also makes it easier to clean up code that has been generated by Microsoft Word and other applications, ensuring clean, semantic code.
Who Should Read This Book?
If you want to use Dreamweaver 8 to create professional, standards compliant Websites quickly and easily, Build Your Own Standards Compliant Website Using Dreamweaver 8 is your ultimate guide book, whether you currently use Dreamweaver or not. All you need to get started is some experience with HTML, and of course a copy of Dreamweaver 8. You can download a FREE trial version of Dreamweaver 8 from Macromedia or purchase Dreamweaver directly online
The book is written in the usual SitePoint style: it’s clear and fun to read, with plenty of example code that you can apply immediately to your own Websites.
There’s no need to re-type any of the code in the book. As always, customers receive instant download access to all the files used in the book, so you can apply them immediately to your own projects.
No-risk Money-back Guarantee
Of course we’re so confident that you’ll treasure this book for years to come that we’re happy, as always, for you to try it risk-free for 30 days. If you purchase a copy of Build Your Own Standards Compliant Website Using Dreamweaver 8 and you think it fails to be everything you wanted, we would like you to have your money back.
Simply contact us and we will see to it that you receive a prompt and courteous refund of the full purchase price.
What could be fairer than this?
How To Order This Book
Unfortunately, this book is no longer available!
The 1st edition of Build Your Own Standards Compliant Website Using Dreamweaver 8 was a fine book but we replaced it with a new and updated edition in .
We don’t sell the old version now, but check out the new edition if you're looking for an updated book along the same lines.
Our promise to you... Order direct from sitepoint.com and receive:
- The very latest editions of all our books
- Exclusive offers only available to direct customers
- Lightning-fast shipping world-wide
- 30 day money-back guarantee