Hooray! A new and improved edition of this book is now available!
The 3rd edition of Build Your Own ASP.NET 3.5 Web Site Using C# & VB, 3rd Edition was a very fine book but we replaced it with a new and updated edition in September 2011.
However, if you do happen to own a copy of 'Build Your Own ASP.NET 3.5 Web Site Using C# & VB, 3rd Edition' you may still be interested in:
Build Your Own ASP.NET 3.5 Web Site Using C# & VB, 3rd Edition
"Start building powerful ASP.NET applications today"
The third edition of this easy-to-read, practical, and fun guide:
- Build your first complete web site using ASP.NET 3.5.
- Learn ASP.NET without the Fluff or Hype.
- Choose either C# or VB: this book gives equal coverage to both languages
- Perfect for beginners or experienced developers wanting to learn ASP.NET
- Free download of all code used in the book.
- Completely updated for ASP.NET 3.5
‘Learn how to build impressive ASP.NET web sites in both C# and VB from scratch’
Build Your Own ASP.NET 3.5 Web Site Using C# & VB, 3rd Edition is packed full of practical examples, straightforward explanations, and ready-to-use code samples in both C# and VB. The third edition of this comprehensive step-by-step guide will help get your database-driven ASP.NET web site up and running in no time.
- Learn how to set up the free software you need for ASP.NET.
- Choose either C# or VB: this book covers both languages.
- Build a complete web site from scratch using ASP.NET.
- Use the code examples for your future ASP.NET projects.
- Learn how to easily integrate data from Microsoft SQL Server.
- And much more...
What Will You Learn?
With this book, you will learn how to:
- Install the free software that you need.
- Use Visual Web Developer.
- Program in both VB and C#.
- Write best practice code and use code-behind.
- Use CSS to style your ASP.NET pages.
- Build a complete web application.
- Validate input using the Validation Controls.
- Learn database design and SQL using SQL Server Express Edition.
- Manage page content using the GridView and DetailsView controls.
- Secure your applications with Memberships and Roles.
- Work with files and email.
- How to use AJAX with ASP.NET
- And much more...
View the complete table of contents
What Customers Said About Prior Editions
This book is a must have for any beginner ... one of those rare books that show you side by side both VB.NET and C# for every step you make.
It is exactly what I need to get me up to speed in ASP.NET. The dual language approach is a great touch.
Was a brilliant help, my new ASP.NET 2 site is on its way to completion with the help of the very detailed chapters in his book which were easy to follow and cover everything i needed.
Michael Ashdown, United Kingdom
The thing I value the most is that while it has the casual, accessible style common to many ‘introductory’ books, unlike those books it also has depth and substance. It tackles ‘Real World’ rather than "Hello World" tasks.
I’m still using it as a reference book long after I would have abandoned most other "introductory" books.
An excellent book at unravelling the mysteries behind .Net. Ideal for experienced ASP programmers who want to make the move to .Net; not too simplistic and not too complex...just right."
Tony Ross, 25 Feb 2008
Who Should Read This Book?
Build Your Own ASP.NET 3.5 Web Site Using C# & VB, 3rd Edition is ideal for you if:
- You’re familiar with the basics of HTML and you want a practical, results-driven book that will teach you ASP.NET from the ground up.
- You want to learn ASP.NET but you’re not sure which language to choose (C# or VB), or you’d like to learn both languages at once.
- You’re already a seasoned programmer and you want to increase your income potential by adding ASP.NET to your skill set.
- You’re tired of all the boring theory-based ASP.NET books on the market and you simply want a book that will teach you what you need to know without the added hype and fluff
The book is written in the usual SitePoint style: it’s clear and fun to read, with plenty of example code that you can apply immediately to your own web sites. Plus, it’s super-easy to navigate the book to find exactly what you want, thanks to its professionally-produced index. It’s the perfect beginner’s book.
There’s no need to re-type any of the code in the book. As always, customers receive instant download access to all the files used in the book, so you can apply them immediately to your own projects.
No-risk Money-back Guarantee
Of course we’re so confident that you’ll treasure this book for years to come that we’re happy, as always, for you to try it risk-free for 30 days. If you purchase a copy of Build Your Own ASP.NET 3.5 Web Site Using C# & VB, 3rd Edition and you think it fails to be everything you wanted, we would like you to have your money back.
Simply contact us and we will see to it that you receive a prompt and courteous refund of the full purchase price.
What could be fairer than this?
How to Order
All credit card transactions are processed by WorldPay.
Please direct all questions to our Customer Support Department.
Our promise to you... Order direct from sitepoint.com and receive:
- The very latest editions of all our books
- Exclusive offers only available to direct customers
- Lightning-fast shipping world-wide
- 30 day money-back guarantee