If you’re attending the SXSW Interactive festival in Austin, TX next month, there’s no need to bother running around collecting stamps in order to win free books (who has time for that when there’s partying to be done?) All you have to do is buy one of the SitePoint crew a beer!
Yes, four representatives of the SitePoint team (including the two co-founders) will be at SXSW, sitting in on panels, gate-crashing parties and giving away freebies left, right and centre.
We’ll have a truckload of cool schwag to give away: some of our newest books will be up for grabs, as will those SitePoint t-shirts that were so popular at Web Directions South. All we’re asking in return is that you buy us a beer, and we’ll give you your free book (and maybe a t-shirt)!
How easy is that?
What’s more, rumour has it that a number of advance copies of SitePoint’s yet-to-be-released book, The Art & Science Of CSS, are going to be couriered to SXSW the moment they roll off the press, so you may even be able to score a copy before it becomes available in any store (including sitepoint.com!)
While you’re at SXSW, look out for these SitePoint authors and contributers who are speaking on various panels:
- Ian Lloyd: author of Build Your Own Web Site The Right Way Using HTML & CSS as well as several articles
- Molly Holzschlag: expert reviewer on Build Your Own Standards Compliant Website Using Dreamweaver 8
- Dan Rubin: expert reviewer on the upcoming The Art & Science Of CSS
- Jonathan Snook: author of the upcoming The Art & Science Of CSS
- Cameron Moll: author of several articles on sitepoint.com
In addition, the following authors are not on panels, but will also be at the conference, enjoying the festivities and possibly even giving away signed copies of their book:
- Steve Smith and Jina Bolton: both authors of the upcoming The Art & Science Of CSS
- Jason Beaird: author of the soon-to-be-released The Principles of Beautiful Web Design
The SitePoint crew will be easy to spot, as we’ll be wearing our SitePoint t-shirts. So come up and say G’day!
And while I can’t say too much on the topic, I can reveal that there may just be another even bigger competition on the horizon (for all readers, not just those attending SXSW), and this one will have the most awesome prize up for grabs.
But you’ll just have to wait for that one!
Matthew Magain is a UX designer with over 15 years of experience creating exceptional digital experiences for companies such as IBM, Australia Post, and sitepoint.com. He is the co-founder of UX Mastery, and recently co-authored Everyday UX, an inspiring collection of interviews with some of the best UX Designers in the world.