Our competition to write articles about Adobe Flex and Adobe AIR has come to a close, and we’ve selected our winners.
We were amazed at the quality of entries that we received, and deliberated for some time before choosing our winners.
Articles were judged on the following criteria:
- English: How strong a command of the English language did the author have? How well did they explain difficult concepts to the reader?
- Technical: Were the concepts and techniques described best practice? Did the sample code run successfully?
- Educational value: How useful were the concepts taught in the article for a reader? How good a foundation was laid for the user to begin developing with the technology on their own?
- Interestingness: I think Flickr might have trademarked this term, but I’m going to use it here anyway. Does the article really grab the reader and command their attention?
So without further ado, here are the winners:
Best Adobe Flex article
- Winner: Jack Herrington for his article Build 3D Configurators With Papervision and Flex.
Jack will receive a copy of Adobe CS3 Web Premium, and his article will appear on the front page of sitepoint.com. Congratulations Jack!
- An honourable mention also goes to Jamie McDaniel for his article Creating a Reusable Custom Component in Flex. As runner-up, Jamie receives a PDF of his choice from the SitePoint library. We’ll also be publishing Jamie’s article on sitepoint.com.
Best Adobe AIR article
- Winner: Akash Mehta for his article Adobe AIR: HTML-based desktop applications made easy.
Akash will also receive a copy of Adobe CS3 Web Premium, and his article will appear as a feature article on the front page of sitepoint.com. Way to go Akash!
- An honourable mention goes to Jason Foss for his article Using Adobe AIR To Manage Your CMS, which we’d also like to publish on sitepoint.com at some stage. Jason will also receive a PDF of his choice from the SitePoint library as a runner-up prize.
Congratulations to all of our winners, and a huge thankyou to everyone who took the time submit an article for submission. Remember that SitePoint accepts articles for submission at any time, not just during competitions!
Look forward to seeing some terrific Flex and AIR content on sitepoint.com soon!